Many people consider boiler servicing not important. In fact, a study was done by uSwitch in 2013 discovered that 1 in 10 households (around 2 million homes in the UK) have never had their boiler serviced.
Why Is Annual Boiler Servicing Important?
There are four reasons for having an annual boiler service:
1 Keep your family safe: If your boiler is not burning properly it may be producing toxic carbon monoxide. The common symptoms are nausea, dizziness, headaches and breathlessness, but in extreme cases, carbon monoxide poisoning can cause unconsciousness and even death. During your service, the gas engineer will check your boiler for dangerous leaks, as well as spotting any potential problems.
2. You could save money on your energy bills: Boiler efficiency falls down over time, as the boiler gets older and parts become clogged with debris. An inefficient boiler can really affect the price of your energy bills. During your annual boiler service, the engineer will service all of the boiler’s parts. This will make your boiler more efficient which can help to cut your heating bills.
3. It’s cheaper than replacing your boiler: Your boiler is subject to wear and tear over time. When the boiler is running at full capacity during winter, parts are more under strain. that’s why, breakdowns happen often in winter, leaving you without heating when you need it. A gas engineer can help to prevent these breakdowns.
4. You’ll stay under warranty: If your boiler is under warranty, your boiler needs a service every 12 months.
You might void your warranty by not having a boiler service every 12 months. Be sure to check the conditions of the warranty from the manual, and if it requires an annual service, make sure you book one in on time.
- Gas tightness test is done to ensure no gas leaks
- Boiler fired to identify any faults
- Check all main boiler components
- Boiler controls – to ensure that they are functioning correctly
- Gas and pressure flow
- Check flue terminals and internal flue components are sealed properly
- Check that burner is burning efficiently using a flue gas analyser
- Boiler parts cleaned if necessary
- Boiler casing checked to see it’s properly sealed
How do I arrange a Boiler Service?
Call us on 07775574932 to make an appointment. We offer a fixed price fee of £80.00 for a Boiler Service.
Areas we serve are Hemel Hempstead, Dunstable, Luton, Watford, Hemel Hempstead, Welwyn Garden City, St Albans, Harpenden, Leighton Buzzard and surrounding areas.